Thursday, December 31, 2009
I thought I had posted this earlier this year, but it said I only had it as a draft. So I thought that today seems fitting to post this. AS 2009 comes to a close I have accomplished 16 of the 100, maybe by 2011 I can add another 10 or so! Happy New Year's Eve!!
Monday, December 28, 2009
So I have a few resolutions for 2010 and I figure if I write them down maybe I will keep them or I will be able to go back and look at them throughout the year to stay on track. So without further rambling .. here they are.
- Lose 25 lbs
- Give up ice cream (yep, thats right! i'm giving up ice cream and frozen yogurt for a year!! well .. hopefully!!)
- Read the Bible cover to cover
- Run the St. Jude 1/2 Marathon on December 4th or if I don't make it there some other 1/2 marathon
As of today, I think that is it. I am not one of those big resolution makers because I feel as if it is setting yourself up for failure, but this next year is going to be different in a lot of ways!!
What are your resolutions?
Friday, December 18, 2009
(This is what caught my attention and the whole reason I came in to see what the costume was about!)
So I haven't blogged in awhile. I have just been sooo busy with school, packing, and all that other fun holiday stuff. Life has been fun and interesting! So in order to completely catch up until now I will probably do a list.
1. Finals are sooo over, and I am so thankful! Only one more semester and I will have a Master's in Public Health!!
2. I went to NYC a couple of weekends ago to see the city at Christmas and to see the tree. The tree was gorgeous and so was the city, but the weather was horrible - snow, sleet, and rain!
This was a restroom done up by Charmin in the middle of Times Square. It was such a fun experience. You could dance off with people in order to get to go to the bathroom first, all bathrooms were cleaned after each use, and every bathroom had a tv, ipod, or something to the sort. It was the Disney of restrooms. There was a ball pit and even the opportunity to take a picture on top of a giant toilet. If you are ever in the city you should make sure and stop here.
This is the tree in Rockafeller Center. Beautiful until the weather went downhill!! There were a lot of people in NYC that day.
The store fronts are also fun to see! This store front was in front of Macy's. They had all of their windows with cute set ups on mailing santa a letter.
This is my car as soon as I got back from the city. We received a lot of snow for just being gone a couple of hours. The snow continued through that weekend. I asked the snow to hold out until I came to Texas but it didn't. It came one week to early!
3. Challenge 3 is officially over as of today! I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I have taken up running and I workout ten times more than I ever did. I didn't meet my goal this time, but I didn't gain any weight. My goal is always to keep losing and never be back higher than my start weight. I have gotten lots of compliments since I have been home and that is exciting too! I can't wait to start Challenge 4!! Let me know if you are interested.
4. Erin came and visited me for a couple of days and that was fun! We did 8 miles in the course of two days while she was here. We were also able to go to the Beauty Dinner. That was lots and lots of fun as well!
5. I didn't take any pictures but I also got to meet up with Amanda and her fiance for dinner on Sunday and it was fun to catch up. It reminded me of our fun times in Lubbock. Saturday I went to a baby shower. That was lots of fun as well. I have known her since I was 16, we worked in the same classroom together at the church daycare.
6. I ordered a bodybugg this week and I am sooo excited about it.
7. There isn't really anything else that I can think of, but since I have no school maybe I will be more diligent about blogging!!
Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and the reason for the season!!
Monday, December 7, 2009
I haven't blogged in a while because I have been sooo busy! But I am alive and I will be home so soon! I will officially be done with school for the semester starting next Tuesday. Until then, I have a test tomorrow, a test Friday, a paper due next Tuesday and the ability to answer a question for extra points on Monday. Phew! I wish next Tuesday would hurry up and come .. actually I wish Friday would come so I can be in Texas!
I don't know who is up to it, but there are 14 days from the end of Challenge 3 until the beginning of Challenge 4 and I am going to need to keep myself on track (especially since I am home with my eating partner). I am going to do a mini-challenge. 14 days - 14 workouts, 14 days of praying for the next year, 14 days of really really looking at what I put into my body. While I am at school I sometimes mindlessly eat out of boredom, frustration, etc. But at home I will not have any schoolwork and will be able to give exercise 110%. I want to start January 1st in the right mind set and healthy.