Sunday, June 6, 2010

Live your Best Life Weekend (Day 3)

I think after this post I will be one post away from being caught up. So here is the last day of the LYBL Weekend and what me and Carly did after the run that day. We got up waaaay to early for a 2 mile run along the river and ending in Times Square. At the last minute we decided not to run but to instead take a taxi to Times Square and wait so that we could be close to the stage. In our attempt to leave we got stopped and ended up in a good position because we got to take some great photos of some of the celebrity's who were there - Dr. Oz, Jennifer Hudson, Mary J Blige, Suze Orman, and Gayle. After all was said and done with the walk we went home and took a long rest and got up to go walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. This was on my 101 in 1001 list. So we did that and got some amazing photographs that I can't wait to frame. Then we went and had the best pizza ever at a place right under the bridge. Never did we think we would have to wait in line for pizza, but we did and it was worth it. The atmosphere in side was great. All of the tables were right next to each other so when you were seated you were so close to the next table. It was great because we were able to have good conversation with people on both sides of us. I highly recommend walking across the Brooklyn Bridge at getting pizza at Grimaldi's if you go to NYC.

One more post about our trip to NYC, a graduation post and then I will be caught up! I am only a month behind! :)

















1 comment:

Doug and Kelli said...

Hey... I totally agree. Walking the bridge knowing you'll get some awesome pizza on the other end is WORTH EVERY STEP. One of my most favorite memories from living in NY.