Sunday, August 10, 2008

1 week down .. 52+52-1= 103 .. 103 weeks to go

SO .. instead of a quote to start this blog I thought I might start with some random thought ..
  • Can you breathe out of your nose and mouth at the same time?
  • What does a dyslexic cow say??? "Oom"
  • Why can't we sneeze with our eyes open?
  • When you snap your fingers, does the sound occur when your middle finger releases from your thumb, or when your middle finger hits the palm of your hand?

Well .. I made it a WHOLE week up here and I am still alive and kickin!! I have found quite a lot of places so that makes it better!! I was able to find both malls, cold stone, and a paint your own pottery place. So .. its been a pretty good week. I went to the school and met with a few people, and I was told of all the best places near by to go and visit, so I am excited to explore. The weather is quite different I am used to Texas weather of 100 but in New York the highest I have seen is like 80!! They have a beach nearby that I may visit, Niagra Falls, and also the Empire Plaza. I have been here a whole week by myself and met my roommate yesterday and I was excited about that. I am ready to be busy during the days and have something to keep my mind occupied .. because of right now its just me and the tv .. weve made quite the bond. I am hoping to get to Lubbock for a football game this fall .. but the plane tickets are soooo expensive!! I do pray that it works out though!! I miss my friends and all of the familiar faces I am used to seeing daily, and weekly. :( I started to question myself this week wondering what possessed me to come clear across the country to go to school instead of just going 2 1/2 hours away!! BUT new friends will come I just have to be patient (patience is a virtue, yes I know) I am just so social and I love to move around and be active and going shopping all week does more damage than good, and I am working on a job that I should know about by tomorrow, so I really dont need to be spending money unnecesarily, ESPECIALLY if I am going to get to Lubbock this semester.

Something to ponder .. if someone were to ask you have you attempted everything you've wanted to attempt regardless of if you would fail, what would you say. Time waits for no one and you only have one life to live, so live it to the fullest, BUT use some common sense while you are doing all that living!!

p.s. if you feel the need to send mail .. or come by for a visit I won't mind!!

No comments: