Sunday, August 17, 2008

There's not a Friendly's in Texas?

I thought I would start this post off with a trivia type question (now take the time to read it and you can leave me a comment with your answer if your heart so desires!!)

It is time to elect a new world leader, and your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:
Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks eight to ten martinis a day.
Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college, and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.
Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital affairs.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

So .. its been a couple of weeks and I am getting used to this idea of living in New York a gazillion miles away from those that mean the most to me. I continue to spend my time building friendships with the television, but we have orientation on Wednesday, so hopefully by then I will be ready for human contact!! haha!! The job that I thought I was going to get didn't work out, and that really angered be, but what can you do .. apparently the state is having to decrease there fiscal spending .. yada yada yada .. so they cant hire any new interns. SO .. I have been on the quest to find a job .. and its a lot harder than one would think. I am kind of picky when it comes to finding a job so that poses a problem .. but o well .. I spoke to a woman yesterday who needs people to teach sign language to babies and the times she needs people are when I don't have class .. so I am thinking that this might just be what I am meant to do with my spare time. Plus I love babies, not really changing diapers all day, and I love sign language so when you combine the two you have quite the perfect combination for me!! My air conditioning is FINALLY fixed .. and I am so thankful bc I cannot sleep when it is hot and my fan just was not cutting it!! I am really excited for school and to be learning .. I'm such a nerd .. but whatever. So .. some things I have observed this week in my drives around town are that in downtown it cost a quarter to park for every 15 min .. and that blows!! There is like a dunkin donuts and a Friendly's restaurant on every corner!! I was told by someone that no wonder Texans aren't friendly bc they don't have a Friendly's .. hahahaha .. (I just rolled my eyes) it was pretty cute .. but I have yet to eat at this friendly establishment, but as soon as I do you will know how it ranks in fast food!! What else is going on .. OH .. I looked at textbook prices today .. and buying textbooks just chaps me beyond all belief at the beginning of every semester and people look at me funny when I talk about it, but I HATE spending HUNDREDS of dollars on books that I normally do not even open during the semester and that usually have to be purchased with the most recent edition!! GAAAHHH .. I only have to buy four textbooks this semester and its creeping towards 500 .. like are you serious?! These textbooks are interfering with my need to purchase a new computer .. (so .. you might ask what is wrong with the one I have now .. well .. it overheats .. so if you do not put it on the right type of surface it will overheat and shut off, my itunes is no longer .. so I can't update my phone (that aggravates me bc the rest of the world has updated phones except me, and they can listen to music from there itunes) , my cd drive doesn't work, and its just all around a piece .. it does the job .. but its about to go kaput .. in due time!!) hmmm .. what else can I say .. I am still craving a orange slush from Sonic .. there isn't one in NY .. sad day .. and I really need some good ice cream!! other than that I am really enjoying myself, I like going for walks bc its so nice outside at all times of the day and the people who walk all smile and wave!! I can only walk in straight lines bc I do not want to get lost .. but in time I will be making turns and such!! I miss all my friends and family!! Please call just to say hello!!

BTW .. Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt, Candidate B is Winston Churchill, Candidate C is Adolph Hitler. So the lesson this proves is you cannot be too quick to judge someone bc you never know who someone is until you take the time to get to know them .. so this semester take the time to get to know someone new .. step outside of the box .. I know I am going to have to bc me and the tv can only hang for so long .. so you should try it .. you never know who you may come across!!

OH .. I have been reading some other blogs and doing some praying for precious babies so when you get the chance look at these blogs .. http://mycharmingkids.net, (her baby is sick and needs as much prayer as possible), audreycaroline.blogspot.com (her story is so sad, but worth the read if you have the time to start from the beginning), ethankrawiec.blogspot.com (baby Ethan has cancer and is in the hospital trying to fight it).

SO .. until next time .. take the time to notice the little things in life that make you and others happy .. and try doing something for someone else that might brighten their day .. or week!!

1 comment:

Loren Linn Webb said...

Hey Girl

I would be happy to make you a blog header.:) To do so I would need you to email me about 4 pictures you like. My email is webblo@mansfieldisd.org. Once you do that I will email you about more questions. Talk to you soon girl !!