Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The cheesecake that wasn't meant to be

So .. today I planned to buy my first cheat to save for Friday afternoon. I already knew that I wanted a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory so I drive into town and pull up into a parking spot oober excited that I had picked a cheat worth my while. I look at all of the cheesecakes and don't see the one I want but it's on the menu so I go to the register to order my piece and the lady says "I'm sorry we're out and it could be awhile before we get more." Bummer! I guess it wasn' t meant to be. She tried to talk me into buying another piece of cheesecake, but I wasn't interested my mind had been set! So .. as for now I have still not used a cheat. BUT I will have some cheesecake, red velvet cheesecake to be exact before these 17 weeks are up!

Worked out during Oprah today so I went for 55 minutes on the elliptical! Time always goes so much faster when I have good tv to watch.

People look at me like I am crazy when they ask me why I am counting cheats and why I have cheats in my wallet. They also look at me like I'm crazy when I say I am almost down 20 lbs since the start of the challenge. But I just smile in my head! Counting cheats and being a part of this amazing group works for me! In April I was in a size 18 and my friend Jennifer gave me some size 14 shorts a couple of weeks ago and they fit! Yippee, a size 14!! I can already tell this is going to be the best challenge ever! Third times a charm!

3 comments:

Brooklynn said...

Ohhh that sounds so good. I have never tried the red velvet cheesecake there! I will have to try it sometime. It will so much worth it when you finally get it though :)

Mike and Katie said...

Hi Kristi,

I've been meaning to tell you, since you and Sr. Maria prayed for me, one of the very uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms has been gotten better! Thank you!

The nausea is still kicking my butt, though.

I'm glad you didn't spend a cheat on a lesser piece of cheesecake! Cheesecake is my favorite, too!

Anonymous said...

That is crazy that they were out of it!!!! Man, maybe God has a bigger and better cheat for all of your hard work!! Love ya girl