Thursday, November 5, 2009

Really hard and really amazing

::The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself::

I love this quote and just thought I would share!! :) Many times we strive to be the same weight as someone else or to find that "perfect weight" or we strive to be "perfect" in every aspect of our every day lives but that is not what is meant for us. We are meant to be ourselves and to love ourselves. In the process of striving to be someone else I have learned to find myself. There are so many things I can do now that I couldn't have done before striving to be the "perfect" that others wanted me to be. So when someone projects their thoughts and ideas on what you should be "perfect" at you should tell them thank you, but no thank you. Life is too short to be anything but happy.

I love taking pictures and baby M always makes for a good subject!! She is always fun to play with! So I thought I would share a pic from our trip to the apple orchards.

I am so very thankful that it is Thursday night! This means that it is the weekend!! Yippee!! This weekend my one goal is to finish writing my 6 page paper. That is all!! I want to be done by Sunday. Oh-I also have to do allll the reading for my class in which the paper is due because he said today that he will be calling on people next time. {sigh} I did work out today and had spaghetti squash for dinner again!! yumm!! And I packed some for my lunch tomorrow. Life is good .. I can't complain. I ran 1/2 a mile without stopping and then did the elliptical. I am bound and determined! It takes 14 days to form a habit and me and the gym are on the way to forming a very health relationship!! :)

1 comment:

Grace said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I've seen you comment on Tanna's blog---isn't she the sweetest?! I saw that you're doing the challenge, that's great! My mom is one of the "beauties" too! Have a great day!

-Grace